By Liberal Anthropologist
It is very hard to watch the manipulative and propagandistic games of President Obama in his vain attempt to salvage his reputation. Simply put, he is playing statistical games and moving goal posts. For anyone not with a vested interest in seeing him be seen as a success, the manipulations are obvious.
The original key points of the plan are not the incomplete nonsense being tried today.
1) The main point was to achieve universal coverage. 30 million uninsured was the number then. What is the number now? Slightly less? And all because of a slight change in Medicare eligibility rules that would not have been controversial then?
2) If you liked your plan, you could keep it. Lie of the year.
3) If you like your doctor you can keep him. No.
4) Premiums would go down on average. No they haven’t.
5) Each family would save 2500 a year. A joke.
Instead he touts how many people signed up under the program as if it was net new and as if it made a debt in the uninsured. And he touts cbo numbers which are based solely on the question asked and not reality.
Obamacare is a country dividing failure. Anyone who voted for it needs to be voted out of office. People need to stop defending this with games just to avoid a midterm defeat.
Responders should be prepared to show a significant decrease in the per capita uninsured. That it’s the only stat which matters. Good luck.