More Last Minute Metro Madness

Wow – at the last minute Fairfax County BOS Chair Sharon Bulova decides now is the time to make a big push for federal funding for the Metro to Dulles disaster.

Frank Wolf makes progress on getting a permanent Inspector General for free-spending MWAA.

And MWAA tells Loudoun it will not get another extension and needs to make up its mind.  I agree – time to vote, get this over with.

Comments

• LowdowneVA says:

Recent bash ‘n trash attempts on Tax Pig’s good name and reputation will forever be enshrined in the Hall of Porciniquity.
    Here is a Shout Out to TP with deep gratitude from us citizens who never thought to ask: “But how in the heck will we pay for it?” if TP had not oinked about it in public. Prior to that, where were the local reporters on this issue?
    Where were the editorial writers especially those at the Smoke and Mirror Times?
    Where were the citizen watchdogs and their well-funded HOAs?
    And before you make any “cracks” about what is written on TP’s butt, remember this from high school biology class:
    “Porcine fetal brain cells are similar to human fetal cells but are more readily available.”

is this a precursor to the next Sunday morning lit drop?

New goal post: repair image and reload.

No, it’s the response to no more delay.

• DC Beltway Bandit says:

What is so sad is several of the 21 items listed would require an act of Congress and/or the General Assembly. Good for WMAA’s board for telling Loudoun to make a decision on or before the 7/4 deadline. And the more I think about Clarke’s position, the more I am convince that Clarke is trying setting herself up to challenge York for Chairman’s seat in 2015.

Clarke is going to have a very hard time setting herself up for a re-election bid, much less a run at Chairman. With that said, she probably would consider an attempt at Chair. Her supporters are pumping sunshine up her skirt.

The list is ridiculous. The opts should take a close look at how Congressman Wolf is approaching this. He’s working with MWAA and others to fix the problems. He’s going to make this thing work. And we will get the benefits of Metro. Similar to how McDonnell did. Fix a problem and move forward with getting Metro built. I doubt any of the three have the clout or ideas to confront the positive approach we see from the other representatives.

The bottom line here is the opts are against the rail. Fine that’s there prerogative. But don’t play games with bogus attempts disguised as attempts to work things out.

Re lowdown’s (hopefully sarcastic?) paean to ootaxpig’s “good name and reputation”, in weird sort of way here in LoCo you really have to admire someone who first stomps their trotters that if other people want metro, THEY should pay; then, having succeeded in diverting everyone into a discussion of how to tax specific areas only, to THEN go to those areas and say “there will definitely be a $.21 cent tax on YOU and YOU only, it’s a done deal”; and THEN when the area rightfully reacts with “Hey, why tax me (even if they AREN’T) unless you’re going to restrict the bennies to me too” and other variants of “we don’t want to be singled out for $.21″, to point to the people you lied to and say “see, they agree with us”.

The BoS members who are supportive of actually trying to find a way to make it work should waste no more time with anyone who’s playing games. Put something together (including some of the options taken off the table, like the general fund, because it has become apparent that some folks are not seeking a solution), vote, and hold them all politically accountable either way. Then I guess we’ll find out how twelve people and a plastic pig get everyone in the county voted in or out for the rest of us.

This is quite a spectacle in terms of disingenuous bullshit.

I don’t support the Metro, but the Opt-out crowd and their pals on the BOS are really an embarrassment to the idea of responsible governing.

But, we’ve seen this movie before and we’ll see it again…

• David Dickinson says:

Until we have a concrete financing plan that voters can clearly see, there should be no vote. If that takes 6 months or 2 years, then so be it.

The Silver Line was put in place 35 years ago. There is no reason it can’t wait a bit longer.

• David Dickinson says:

“We won’t have a finance plan”

How can we? Tax districts take years to put in place. There is nothing we can do now…other than take it in the shorts via the general fund built on property taxes.

That’s why we need to Opt OUT. The BoS needs to sharpen their pencils and come back with a plan to present to Loudouners.

Excepting for Scott York, this isn’t the fault of the current Board. They got dealt what they got dealt. Unfortuneately, the only way to properly deal with it at this point is to opt out and then do the homework that should have been done years ago.

Barbara, as “one of America’s most notable Republicans”, I am pleased to welcome you to the club of mislabeled activists. I’m looking into printing up pins and t-shirts.

Well, I got a response from “Ed Kravitz”.

I sent the follwing reply to his spam:
    “On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 1:13 PM, Barbara Munsey wrote:

Please excuse me, but who are you and how did you get my email?”

which elicited the following reply:
    “You are excused, I am Ed Kravitz and I don’t remember.”

I can think of two folks with ties to Stockman, Chase, and notaxevernotnohow with an equally obnoxious sense of “humor”.

Suffice it to say this pattern shows the usual hardcore desperation of those who are perfectly happy to savage their supposed fellows, and even happier to have Democrats elected, because then they can go to their “fellows” with even greater pugnacity and say, not “I’m sorry I was so focused on my own ends that I caused such division”, but “see what happens when you idiots don’t do as I say”.

Their endtimes theology informs their endtimes politics, and they are happier with defeat than any victory–which they seldom fully win, because they are so narrow and combative.

—————————————————————-

Liz, I’m not a Democrat, but thank you for the thought. This is a smaller local version of the hardcore progs who attack Obama for not being left enough.

The extremes meet on the dark side of the moon.

In the Know, I will do so in future, but he needs to go back and remove his name not only from all of the blogs during last year’s extensive election coverage, AND he still needs to apologize for spamming me as “Bill Williams”.

You have proof he was hired by Ramadan? That was the contention of the Chase campaign, and the stock reply to any question on why the “Bill Willimas” docs were created on Mr. Chase’s cmputer.

Barbara, I know you’re not a Democrat as I am in no way a Republican (but somehow Governors Romney and Walker think I am).

Perhaps the same jokers put you and me on those mailing lists.

Liz, what bothers me is that these “jokers” take lists and use them for their own purposes.

I’ve been individually signed up for some pretty amazing things by people I no doubt p***ed off, but the things like “Loudoun Truth”, “Bill Williams”, “OptOut”, and now “Ed Kravitz” are Republicans taking Republican contact info and using it as they please.

Not cool, not party-building, and certainly not indicative of the high moral standards they (claim to) profess.

Amen to that.

• Leej says:

i am sooooo glad i moved

The people with the lists are all those special political consultants. You know, the same people who have made up all the pro-Metro commenters like Melvin Summers, baconator, and abroderick.

umm, not all the political consultants are pro-Metro.

And the Stockman and Chase people would have had lists from running for office.

• Leej says:

i do have a funny story with a happy ending

and a little laughter is very very good

and if anyone wants to hear then i will post it :-)

Actually, he can contact me through the book.

I brought him up once by name, and have not said his name since.

He was all over the blogs last year when he was “Bill Williams”, where he remains to this day.

And that has diddley to do with “Ed Kravitz” the new “concerned citizen” who wants us to know the “truth”.

Next?