9-0 Loudoun Republican BOS, Please Join Hands With Kurtz, McGimsey, Harris, and Stevens And Support Metro!

Yes, yes, yes, you so-called fiscal conservatives – stop your dilly dallying around and sign on to perpetual debt and subsidies to an inefficient and corrupt urban behemoth!!!  Why?  Because area Democrats and developers who put you in office want it, that’s why!  Sally Kurtz, Andrea McGimsey, Chuck Harris, and John Stevens among others demand it!  Hop to it!

Meanwhile, Geary Higgins writes an excellent LTE at Leesburg Today.

Comments

Barbara, I thought it was better than using “misleading”. Cause “misleading” is close to “lying”. And those are fighting words.

• NotJohnSMosby says:

isn’t there a militia muster out in Lovettsville or a book burning at Patrick Henry College that Stone should be attending instead of arguing about a 2nd-hand blog post of a quote from him in a small newspaper?

The wingnut doth protest too much, methinks

• G.Stone says:

“Quite frankly, I didn’t and still don’t give two hoots about your full statement, or that of Tom Seeman.”

Stone, I don’t give two hoots about what you or Seeman have to say, but I will write a blog post about what you and Seeman have to say. OK then.

Are you drinking this afternoon ?

Stone makes a very good point there!

• LI, not even remotely (and you’re usually better than that).

What they said is not her point. As she made clear (to most folks, anyway) her point is that they said such diametrically opposite things, for such remarkably incomparable reasons.

You do see the difference, right? (For those still puzzled–I’m looking at you, Mr. Stone–look up “juxtaposition” in your favorit dictionary.)

Mr. Stone, if you don’t like being requoted, post a correction. Name-calling, backpedalling, and restating the substance of what you have (apparently quite accurately) been quoted as saying isn’t making your case for you.

Okay, I’m done with this. Feel free to have (or repeat) the last word on it.

Don’t like what is requoted, correct it…sounds like Clarke

This little tiff is ridiculous in my opinion, as is Mismanaged Money-losing Metro to Loudoun.

• If Clarke wants to fire Phil, fine. It’s her prerogative (big mistake, but still her prerogative).

However, posting it on Facebook is appalling.

• G.Stone says:

“diametrically opposite things”

If you don’t get it correct it can’t be held in comparison to something else said. First you must get it right.

I would have expected the both of you to pick this up sooner.

• Liberal Anthropologist says:

“LI, almost everyone is in favor of expanding government. We just differ in the areas that we wish government to expand into.”

This is unfortunately true.

• Liberal Anthropologist says:

Oh….

And Metro should be declined. It is an unnecessary expansion of Loudoun government, is not fiscally conservative by any definition, and will provide value to very few.

It will also cause any who vote yes to fall in the next election as the conservatives will turn on them. So, they better be prepared to vote on principal as it will not be forgotten by the next election.

Much like the healthcare debate which many thought would be forgotten by now. Metro will resonate deeply into the next election at least.

LA, it will be hard for a small 20 or so percent group to take anyone out. Heck by election time, I’d guess that pig will be pickled.

What did you think about all the press that Liberal Gov McDonnell got on his support for Loudoun Metro?

Gotta take him out too don’t you?

BlackOut, the “next Governor” is agin it, which is why it suddenly became such an issue.

And what about Frank Wolf? Will this finally be what makes him term-limited?

My guess is….no.

• Liberal Anthropologist says:

The 20% figure is bunk. Ask people if they want free ice cream from government and 80% will say yes. Ask them the specific question – are you willing to spend “X” to get “Y”.

And it will effect the local level most. It will be the biggest local issue. For those who vote “Yes” it will be their healthcare moment.

In their plan to spend for this, does any of the impact hit people during the current BOS term? Or will the costs hit later? That could save them.

Otherwise, look to this being a major issue that won’t allow many “Yes” sups to be re-elected. They should still do it if they think it is right, but it is NOT fiscally conservative and none of them should ever make such a claim about themselves again.

• Leej says:

I will say this and I try to be funny In my own ways.

I am serious about this and this rail system is a boondoggle and it will never get the patronage in our lifetimes to be a success.

And we will fight to make sure the people in Loudoun pay for this stupidity not one dime from the feds. You gamble you take your losses. Tax dollars are not free money. You are going to build this rail with no idea on cost. And it has already been proven nobody seems to really know the cost of anything in DC and feel they can going back to the trough.

If I designed and built your house and I kept saying oops I keep needing another 100 grand over and over. You would be extremely upset. But that is the thinking in DC area make mine first and let the public pay for your mistakes. And you can see that point here. People go to great means to be in politics because they love the lifestyle and then pretend I am doing my public service. Saw it first hand living there. Not everyone but what we saw was most doing the pretend doing my public service.

There is a group if this rail gets out of control financially will make sure the people that wanted this will pay out of their pockets. That live there and use it.