Grigsby Pops The Weasel

Positively the greatest letter to the editor I’ve seen in ages!!!

UPDATE:  Ken Reid continues his “I Know It Sucks But I Voted For It Anyway” tour.

Comments

The LTM publishes it as well, and Barbara Munsey goes on the offensive against Grigsby:

When John comes out in the open, it means the endgame is not going well for him.

As long as he was hallucinating about Ken’s sinister endless chuckle, why didn’t he go full Chruch-Lady and just declare him SATANNNNNNNNN?

We aren’t going to see a reconsideration on a vote with a time-certain deadline, and neither are we likely to see Suzanne reverse her position on a general obligation bond referendum.

Those two “R”s are just official sounding words at this point for John and Dave to sound like there’s an actual reason to keep kvetching.

I wonder if Barb will be applying her government reform expertise to Metro and MWAA now?

Not on our plate, LI. In addition, contrary to pigular opinion, the vote is over.

At least he won’t get sued for this.

Yet.

Maybe they’ll just sic Jim Plowman on him.

• Joe Budzinski says:

Thanks for posting this, LI, it is a great letter and, indeed, I got a big chuckle out of it.

• Ref says:

Reid and Grigsby are both so notoriously idiotic, it’s hard to pick a side on this one. I’m inclined to agree with Ms. Munsey for once though (head explodes).

Boy I wish JG would end up in court again for another public thumping. Those teaching moments seem to keep him quiet for at least a few years.

Do you want to sue him for writing a letter to the editor, BO?

• David says:

Not taking sides either, but “contrary to pigular opinion” was well played!

• Baron Rosedown says:

Does this mean the bro-mance between Reid and Grigsby is officially over?

• G.stone says:

Great letter that exposes Reid as a weasel . I apologize to the weasel lobby. It is ok to be for metro, however Reid was a leading opponent who folded like a Walmart lawn chair .

• JTHmishmash says:

Great letter. I wonder how much crap Grigsby will take for this?

As much as he’s earned, JT.

Thank you David.

• JTHmishmash says:

BM, He’s earned crap for speaking his opinion in a letter to the editor? And his letter took some guts talking about a conversation he had with someone who made a controversial decision.

That is an interesting statement from Stone. Personally I don’t think it’s OK to be for Metro, but I can understand why some people were for it and at least the other four votes were consistent. Reid served up the biggest flip in Loudoun history.

JTH, Barb is being a good Matt Letourneau political appointee and defending this bad vote to the bitter end. Yes the vote is over but the stench will linger for a long long time.

“Greg, it’s ok to be for metro all of a sudden? So, did your position evolve, or what?”

Barbara, G is always ok with someone having a position. It’s when they CHANGE THEIR MIND…

What guts does the guy show for writing a letter to the editor about a private conversation (and most likely mischaracterizing it)?

The “guts” bar is certainly a low one.

Reid continues his “I Know It Sucks, But I Voted For It Anyway” tour:

• G.stone says:

Barb . You continue to have a comprehension issue.

Eb. You are not far behind. You actually make my point. He did not change his mind and if you don’t believe me read the 2 or 3 post vote interviews he has done( see below )

Come on sports fans . It matters not whether pro or con on metro .
    When your position is I know it sucks but I voted for it because you found a way to pay for it , is neither logical or a profile in courage. It can be described as both stupid on the merits and spineless. His vote was that of a mindless weasel. To attempt to defend such behavior makes you even dumber than him.

Defending Ken Reids behavior and vote is akin to mindless hackery.

I must say that this issue has restored my faith in some of those I have been recently deriding as purely partisan hacks.

It’s good to know that I both have a comprehension issue and can make our point. That does make a bit of sense.

You won’t catch me defending Ken Reid. You also won’t catch me calling him the names you are calling him.

Mindless hackery? That is John Grigsby’s sweet spot.

Look, while Reid may not be able to explain his way out a paper bag, you and the TaxPig kept asking how this was going to get paid for. Well, the answer arrived in time for Reid to get on board.

Now, were I you, I would target the method of payment rather than go after Reid’s membership in the world of higher mammals.

THAT is mindless hackery.

• G.stone says:

I will admit I have combined assertions trying to be brief. Typing on this iPhone is not working . My point to you was the latter. The issue of comprehension was directed at Barb . So sorry, consider this clarification .

jt, he’s earned stuff for a while, and the melodramatic letter is just a tactic by a bombthrower.
    —————————————–
    eb, makes a smuch sense as any of the other talking points of the day by the tp folks: it WASN’T okay for people to be for Metro, back when anyone who was was a mindless unfocused child in the pocket of greedy developers. had they changed and voted against it, I’ve no doubt he would have been really really mad that they betrayed their convictions, right? (And we don’t want general funding, we want a tax district, but now that we’ve got it we WANT general funding on a bond AND the tax district to be voted down).
    ——————————————————–
    Greg, the attitude worked wonders before the vote. Continuing the mindless attacks on Reid ranging from accusations of treason (taxpig may be a state of mind, but it ain’t a sovereign state) to calls to leave town/commit suicide should work EVEN BETTER now that it’s campaign season for not only Wolf, Allen, ROMNEY, but Cooch. Keep pounding, it’s a good strategy.

• G.stone says:

Glad to see you you are not foolish enough to defend the indefensible . That is more than I can say about some others.

• G.stone says:

Barb . Again you are off the page or off your meds. You will have to show me where I have advocated for any of this. You can’t even keep straight who you are talking to. If you have issues with assertions made by the tax pig or others I suggest you take it up with them . Keeping you on track as to who said what is indeed a full time job .

• G.stone says:

Eb. It is interesting that you only have an issue with me comparing Reid to mammals in that the title of the post is Grigsby pops the Weasel. It would appear the authors use is fine .

Selective outrage ?

Greg, thanks for reminding me that anyone you disagree with is on/off meds. Drunk, too.

Speaking of defending the indefensible, what do you think you’re doing when you don’t “call out” bad behavior by those in opt who practice it? You don’t have to keep anybody else straight (just like you have no mandate to speak for all taxpayers, do not vote in Dulles, Broad Run, Leesburg, etc)–you might have done better if you’d kept the pig and his henchman straight.

This is what has really become obnoxious with John’s various crusades; as a born-again progressive who now defines “conservative™” with all the zeal of an inquisitor, he brought all of his old progressive methods with him into his new political life.

His personal ends justify any and all means, anywhere, anytime. It’s why he gets in trouble sometimes.

Knowledge of progressive tactics is a good thing, when you’re counteracting actual progressives.

John does not employ them that way–he uses them against what he claims is his own team, but is in actuality a vehicle to gather crowds for…his own ends.

“Trying to make Republicans act like Republicans” sounds so goooooooood. He’s actually trying to make them act like some variant of an endtimes libertarian. And when they sometimes don’t, then they’re bad “Republicans”

.An electable R in Massachusetts is not necessarily an electable R in Utah, just as an Ashburn R might be a bit different than a Round Hill one.

Until the party platform, principles, etc include “obey John”, I think he’s going to remain a perennially angry young man, no matter how old and grey he gets.

And that’s another holdover from his progressive roots: he LOVES being an angry fringe protester.

No. I don’t think LI should be saying it either, but it ain’t my blog and if he wants to use that stick to stir the pot, it’s his prerogative.

If you think calling someone a weasel is an effective way to play the politics on this — that’s your prerogative too. To Barb’s point, that methodology did not yield the results the TaxPig wanted before the vote, I doubt if it will have much positive effect after the vote.

On Reid, I think he has an out here, but he’s either too prideful or slow to take it. He might have made the calculation that he and his constituents had a different view on this thing. He may have just picked constituent wishes over his own 10-years of talking down Metro. Call me charitable.

• ACTivist says:

John’s okay. He’s an activist and needs something….anything of which to have a soapbox to bitch about. He has been for and against so many things (some the same) it is hard to keep track of. Yes, he rarely seems satisfied but, hey, that is his bag. Just let him be John.

LI, I said before that I was for Metro….when it was going to Dulles airport which would be a good thing for planes and the museum. I am not for Metro into Loudoun since it serves no purpose. See, you can be both ways but just on DIFFERENT subjects.

Eb, it isn’t my blog but I do blog here more than anyone else. I am not running for office and I am very blunt in my language.

I’ll say it again:

Ken Reid is a weasel.

I don’t care how that affects the politics of the issue, and the vote is over and done with anyway. I don’t think anything the anti-Metro folks did or did not do would have mattered at all to Reid – he was swayed by those with big money and influence on the pro-Metro side.

ACT, Metro to Dulles made some sense, especially since it was very much driven by airport desires. Extending beyond into Loudoun makes no sense to me at all. Unless of course you are a landowner or developer set to make a mint, or MWAA wanting another county’s treasury to tap into.

• G.stone says:

Eb . You are charitable squared times 6. Good for you for dusting off your better angles . I do mean that I am not trying to be a smart ass . In my book it is Kens history that sets him apart from the others and the positions they held or maintained thru the evaluation of this process.

Having said all that ,I agree with LI, Ken is a weasel. His behavior on this issue was a prime example of why there is so much distrust of politicians at all levels and either party . So , I agree with LI that at times it is perfectly called for to tell it like it is . If ever ther was a time to be brutally blunt , this is it .

Too bad Grigsby feels he can start his public displays again. It was so nice to have his mouth shut so tight for so long. I’m not a fan of Reid by any means but Grigsby is the last person who should be any kind of spokesman on any serious issue.

John never stopped, elderberry. He just switched to doing things anonymously, pseudonymously, or having other people be in front.

He’s entitled to his opinions. Where he gets in trouble is thinking that his opinions are law, with right to punishment for those who do. not. obey.

I’d rather have someone like Grigsby who stands by his convictions and speaks his mind than a back-stabbing weasel like Ken Reid.

What convictions, LI? John may start with a principle, but in the end it’s all about John.

I’m guessing you’ve never been on the receiving end of a call seeking “help” (free research), or to “meet a friend” (get sandbagged)?

If John were fully honest in his approaches, half or more of his little meetings would never take place, and if he were honest in how he used the information he gleans, more than half of the ones that take place might get seconds.

You don’t have to like Ken one bit, but just because John hates him doesn’t make John king of saints, except perhaps in the inner keeps of crazy.

and it’s never about you, is it, Barb?