Back To Our Local Yokels Much Too Quickly

I have to say I was kind of enjoying the side trip into national politics for awhile.  I was hoping maybe we would have a week or so to discuss such things exclusively.  But noooooooo ….

The Gang Who Can’t Shoot Straight (or do anything straight, as in on the straight and narrow and not crooked and flat-out wrong) just has to interject with more ridiculousness.

First we have them further mucking up the whole ridiculous Christmas and Hannukah display mess by adding some bizarre atheist revival tent.  WTF???

Then, in just an amazing turn, Eugene Delgaudio, through his lawyer Charlie King (why oh why, CK???) complains about the ridiculous selection of a former MC Dean lawyer (the biggest contributor to the LCRC and its candidates) as the investigator of Delgaudio’s abuse of supervisor aides.  For once I have to say Delgaudio gets it absolutely right while the rest of the BOS has its heads in the sand.  Surely this is the sensible King speaking rather than Delgaudio himself, but it is spot on.  Even the Bill Dean Times wonders why there hasn’t been some kind of big announcement about this exciting hire.

Ridiculous.  There really isn’t a better word to describe this crew.

UPDATE:  Someone sent me this link to the MC Dean website press page with a top banner photo of Bill Dean and his good buddy Eugene Delgaudio, along with Dick Black and Bruce Tulloch.  Sure, hiring a former Associate General Counsel from that company to “investigate” Delgaudio sounds just fine!

Comments

Upon further thought, maybe their heads are up Bill Dean’s posterior, with some of them trying to get back on his money train.

LI, I agree King has given good advice on this.

What disturbs me is that this investigation should be very straightforward. Call those on the list of 1000 and ask them if they got a call from Mateer about meeting Delgaudio, and did they met with Delgaudio and did he ask for cash? It you get more than the three who already said this happened (See Washington Post) then that is all you need.

That’s it. Unfortunately the way I read the Ed Wright work order this may not happen. Screw all the other stuff, go to the heart of the matter. Call those on the list of 100 and clean this thing up. Maybe this re-jigging of the investigation will clarify this.

• Leej says:

I had

the most beautiful dreams last night. ;-)

more later back to sleep :-)

That is one hell of an incriminating update photo. I bet your is pissed he wasn’t invited to the party.

• Charlie made a creative move in requesting a different investigator. Delgaudio could never be cleared by the court of public opinion (if cleared at all) by an investigator whose neutrality was in question.

That said, seems like neutrailyt is more blog fodder than a genuine issue. Frankly, I don’t see a meaningful chance of bias when the investigation is conducted an attorney who worked for a contributor of the target more than two years ago. It’s certainly not like she worked for Delgaudio.

I can see your point a bit when it is the run of the mill campaign contributor, Lloyd, but this is MC Frigging Dean, who has been a massive source of LCRC and LCRC candidate funds. They also have a photo of the guy on their website. MC Dean is on a whole other level.

• MC Dean, yes. The former attorney for MC Dean, not necessarily.

It still looks bad to me, and she wasn’t just an outside lawyer – she worked for them directly dealing with government issues.

Clearing the air for real would require someone like Bob Anderson.